BYC Wooden Boat Festival Photosby Photographer Tom Walker
- Launches – Humble owned by Victoria Fash
- Cruisers under 45 feet – Colnett, owned by Steve Farwell and Bunker Hill
- Cruisers over 45 feet – Tonina, owned by Rick and Merrie Fricke
- Runabouts – Firecracker owned by Mark and Tracy Widder
- Human Powered or Sailboat exhibited on land – Joyful owned by Bill Dunlap
- Powerboat exhibited on land – Hungry Blonde, owned by Mike Davis
Harbor Master Lieutenant Mike Jansen gave Jim Busby the Best Power Boat trophy for Four Bells, a 1955 Rybovich 26 foot Sport Fisher. Commodore Gary Davidson presented the BYC Commodore’s Award to Black Cloud owner Don Schaffner for Best Sailboat. The Thistle #313 was built in 1959 and sails only on the lake in Mission Viejo. And, the Best of Show went to the 55-foot Stephens Kail Ezra owned by Kevin Roberg. Newport Beach Mayor Ed Selich did the honors. Each of the three special award winners received a hand-crafted trophy by Robert Kingaard and a watch from Black, Starr & Frost.
Thanks Tom Walker!
Tom ‘s amazing photographs of the event can be viewed and purchased at TOM WALKER PHOTOGRAPHY
The 2nd annual BYC Wooden Boat Festival, video by Mark Rudyk