Complete this form if you are applying as an Exhibitor or Artist, or download the PDF form.
Dates & Details
The Wooden Boat Festival is an annual community event, open to the public. Its mission is to honor the heritage of Newport Harbor and the craftsmanship of wooden boats. Net Proceeds from the event will support the maritime education of youth as the next generation of seafarers and protectors of our waterways. We hope that you will join us in celebrating our seaside community.
The Wooden Boat Festival is held on the waterfront of Balboa Yacht Club, 1801 Bayside Drive, Corona del Mar, CA 92625.
Exhibit space is 10’ x 10’ out of doors. The Exhibitor will be provided with a 10 x 10’ canopy, table and 2 chairs. Exhibitors may use their own signage and will provide their own drapes and other booth appointments. Artists may set up an easel on the grounds to create during the Festival with prior notice to and approval of the organizers. Requests for specific sites will be considered, but assignments are at the discretion if the Wooden Boat Festival. Booths must be ready for the public by 9:30 a.m. Saturday, June 8, 2019. Booths must be staffed and remain open from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 pm on Saturday, June 8, 2019. If power is required, please indicate so on the application form.
BOOTH SPACE FEE
A $250.00 booth space fee must accompany the application for space. Fee refunds will only be made to those applicants who were not accepted for exhibit space or cancellation of the event by Balboa Yacht Club.
CHECK-IN & EXHIBITOR BADGES
Exhibitors must pick up check-in packets at Exhibitor Check-In prior to setting up. Each Exhibitor will be given two Exhibitor badges in the check-in packet that will serve as admission to the festival. All exhibitors must wear their WBF badge while on BYC grounds.
Exhibitors will receive their booth assignments on Friday, June 7, 2019, between noon and 5:00 p.m. Booths must be set up by 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, June 8, 2019. Vehicles must be removed from Balboa Yacht Club by 9:00 a.m. Saturday. There is no overnight parking.
No vehicles are allowed on site after 9 a.m. Saturday. A shuttle between the Wooden Boat Festival at BYC and off-site parking at 1800 Corporate Center Drive, off Pacific Coast Highway, will run every 15 minutes from approximately 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Saturday of the event.
Sales taxes are the responsibility of the vendor. Exhibitors must report sales tax and pay any sales taxes due to the State of California.
FOOD & BEVERAGES
Food and beverages will be available to exhibitors and guests at Balboa Yacht Club. No other food and beverages are permitted on the grounds.
Rules & Regs
EXHIBITOR RULES & REGULATIONS
- The Balboa Yacht Club (BYC) reserves the right to decline an application for any reason. Refunds of payment will be made only to applicants not accepted for participation.
- Booth spaces will be assigned by the Wooden Boat Festival committee.
- Exhibitors must pick up check-in packets at Vendor Check-In prior to setting up.
- Each Exhibitor will be given two Exhibitor badges in the check-in packet that will serve as admission to the Festival.
- No vehicles are allowed on site after 9 a.m. Saturday.
- No pets are allowed on BYC grounds.
- BYC reserves the right to make changes to the site layout at any time.
- Exhibitors are not allowed to place merchandise, tables, ice chests, chairs, etc., beyond their designated booth space.
- Booths must be set up by 9:30 am, Saturday, June 8, 2019.
- Booths must remain open and intact for the entire duration of the festival: 10 am to 5:30 pm Saturday, June 8, 2019.
- Exhibitors must be present on site during the entire Festival.
- All vendors selling anything must have a City of Newport Beach business license.
- All Exhibitors must wear their WBF badge while on BYC grounds.
- Exhibitors must vacate their booth by 7:00 pm on June 8, 2019
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
The Exhibitor (Exhibitor) agrees that Balboa Yacht Club, its Officers, Directors, Committee Members, volunteers and staff (BYC), will be held harmless from liability for damages arising from any accident caused by Exhibitor, Exhibitor’s guests or Exhibitor’s display, including injury to Exhibitor or damage to Exhibitor’s property, and that Exhibitor’s participation in this event is entirely at Exhibitor’s risk. Exhibitor will be responsible for any damage to BYC property and any other Exhibitor’s property, BYC will not accept any liability for property damage or personal injury or death sustained prior to, during, or after the event.
Out of stock